Saturday 8 June 2013

So far ... So busy !! loving it !!


Over the past couple of weeks I have been very busy interviewing staff at Mayday getting their opinions of the recent changes to the trust. It has been great fun and exciting and very stressful at times but overall brill ... I have interviewed the Chief Executive and the Director of Operations as well as a LAM (learning asset mentor), I was very nervous about the interviews but when it came to actually sitting there asking the questions I felt more relaxed and was really interested in what the staff had to say about the new ways of Mayday. The LAM who has been supporting me in this has been very helpful in encouraging me to be confident in my work...( it will get easier I’m sure) and giving me plenty of opportunity to practice my interviewing skills and get work for my blog. Cheers Rhian J

 

Over the next couple of weeks I will be trying to interview as many residents of Mayday as possible to find out

·         What their aspirations are

·         Who they think will be able to help them achieve this

·         What they want from life and

·         How mayday can or has helped them to get to where they are now and where they want to be in the future.

 

I will be attending the Unipart assessment day on Monday 10th June where the residents who are taking part will be interviewed and shortlisted for the work placement. I expect that all the residents will be fairly nervous about the interviewing process and I hope that I will be able to capture their moments before during and after the interview. On the 14th June I will be attending the Unipart induction where the residents who were successful in the assessment will be having their first day of training. The Unipart is a 4 week placement; I hope to follow the residents experience over this period interviewing, filming and photographing their time and then at the end of the experience use all of the work I have gathered to create a video.

 

I will keep you updated regularly of what’s going on and what you can expect to see popping up on here J !!

No comments:

Post a Comment